Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Review: Giada Pasta Sauce



Okay, I want to make two important points before sharing the review for the Giada Creamy Tomato Cream Sauce with you.

1. By no means was I given this product to review by Target, Giada De Laurentiis, the Food Network, or anyone affiliated with the lady's sauce. My uncle bought it for me, and since it didn't have any onion or onion powder in it, I decided to try it.
2. This is a rare circumstance. I DO NOT use jarred sauce. Ever.



But alas, I decided to give it a try last week because I was so hungry and, honestly, I really didn't feel like cooking. I boiled up some pasta, tossed the sauce in, and ate the spaghetti for dinner for four nights straight.

What did I think?

Well, the first time I tried it, I thought it was really good for sauce that came from a jar. I thought it had a funny aftertaste, though, and probably wouldn't use marscapone in my own tomato basil cream sauce... but hey, I guess I'm not the world famous network chef.


I dressed it up with some fresh basil and freshly grated parmesan. I was happy with my 10 minute meal.

The second day....

I was not impressed. Whenever I make spaghetti, ziti, or lasagna from scratch, it tastes better the next day. Either I was really hungry when I made it and so my brain thought it was awesome, or it just went funny when it was reheated.

Which indicates to me that it isn't really a cream sauce. Cream sauce always cooks up great. 

Maybe my expectations are way too high, but I think it could have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment